Changes to Market Operations for 2020 Season to Ensure Public Safety
We've been working with the Dedham Health Dept. to take significant measures to ensure the safety of our customers, vendors, staff and volunteers. The following rules will be applied to market operations for our 2020 season which begins on Wednesday, June 17th:
- All customers, vendors, staff, and volunteers at the DFM must wear a face mask or face covering as per the Center for Disease Control guidance.
- DFM vendors must also wear disposable gloves.
- The DFM Market Manger and individual DFM vendors must remind customers of physical distancing, maintaining a space of at least six (6) feet from one another while shopping at the market through signage at prominent locations and vendor tables, at access points and through verbal reinforcement.
- The DFM will provide handwashing facilities at the market as well as alcohol-based hand sanitizer for DFM staff, vendors and customers.
- The DFM Market Manager, staff and vendors must clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The DFM Market Manager and staff will:
- Cordon off farmers’ market perimeters to allow for clear entry and egress points.
- Monitor and control the number of customers allowed within the market areas and must allow no more than 15 customers per 1,000 square feet at any one time.
- Monitor the lines that form outside of market entry points must be monitored and set-up in a way that customers maintain recommended distances between each other while waiting.
- Employ signage, floor marks and cones to direct customers to maintain spacing requirements.
- Notify and consult local law enforcement if any issues arise concerning distancing or other physical security concerns at the market.
- Post signs to remind staff and customers that they should not visit the market when they are sick.
If you have questions related to any of these safety measures, please don't hesitate to contact us at (617) 968-3040.