Ingredients for Tomato Topping:
Ingredients for the Bread
1. Make marinated tomatoes:
2. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic
and cook until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat
and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt, and red
4. Add garlic and oil from skillet and toss to combine. Let marinate for at
least 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toast bread: Preheat oven to 400° (* you can also put bread on the outside grill so you do not have to heat the house!)
6. Brush bread on both sides lightly with oil and place on large baking
sheet. Toast bread until golden, 10 to 15 minutes, turning halfway
through. Let bread cool for 5 minutes, then rub tops of bread with halved
7. Spoon tomatoes with ‘ extra basil’ on top of bread just before serving.
Shared by Joanne Keaveney Dietician/Chef