- 4 ½ cups peeled, cored and sliced apples from Farmers Mkt!
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup honey (from Farmers Mkt!)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1tsp pumpkin spice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (wheat or white).
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- First , Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Then, Evenly spread the apple slices in the prepared dish. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and water, and pour over the apples. Drizzle apples with honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Next, In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve with Townie (vendor) vanilla ice cream!
Developed by : Joanne Keaveney, M.S, R.D., L.D .
Registered dietitian and certified culinary chef